Thursday, August 2, 2012

Geo Deepdive

In MMDS I liked the lecture by Christopher Re from WISC about Geo Deepdive.
Geo Deepdive is a data mining application in the field of geology. The application digests a huge amount of technical reports and research papers, mines useful measurement information and
presents it using a cool UI. Here is a note I got from Chris:


We've started to get some videos up at  www.youtube.com/HazyResearch.  One in particular is this one (creepy Siri voice and all!):
More actual technical information (e.g., tutorials on how to build your ownsystem) should be up over the next 2-3 weeks. We'll also have had a handfulof geoscientists more intensely using the system by then.

Geodeepdive reminds me of the work done in quantiFind I wrote about a while back. It is a much needed application in the field of missing infrastructure and applications. I can imagine a lot of other use case besides of geology.

1 comment: